The files on your PC are similar to the appliances in your house; if you use them a lot, they’ll need regular maintenance. In the case of a PC, System Mechanic does all the work for you, so your PC stays clean and fast. [You won’t have to lift a finger like you have to with your favorite home appliances!] Whether you’re organizing your files, clearing away system clutter, or permanently removing unwanted files, System Mechanic has a tool for the job.
1. Get rid of“junk” files that can slow down your system.
2. Permanently remove/scrub confidential data, and protect your privacy.
3. Fix broken shortcuts that can lead to annoying errors.
Get rid of“junk” files that can slow down your system. Without regular cleaning, your PC accumulates unneeded “junk” files that can slow down your system. Locate and eliminate these obsolete files with System Mechanic’s Junk File Finder, and help keep your PC clean and fast.
1. Start System Mechanic and click Toolbox >>Individual Tools >>Clean Up System Clutter
2. Go to Junk File Finder and click Start
3. Select a Cleanup Mode and click Next
4. Junk File Finder will find and remove your junk files
Bonus Tip: For additional control, the Custom Cleanup mode allows you to set exclusions and view junk files before deleting them.
Note: Junk File Finder cleans out obsolete and unneeded files based on the criteria you choose, while PC Cleanup [another clutter removal tool in System Mechanic] automatically detects and cleans out temporary files and other well-known useless data accumulations. Together, these tools give you maximum file clutter removal.
Permanently remove/scrub confidential data, and protect your privacy. Files that have been opened, programs used, passwords entered, and even websites visited—virtually everything you do on your PC is recorded. System Mechanic’s Privacy Cleaner quickly and securely wipes away traces of activity and private data so it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
1. Start System Mechanic and click Toolbox » Individual Tools » Ensure Personal Privacy
2. Go to Privacy Cleaner and click Start
3. In the Select Data to Erase tab, choose the types of information you want to erase, then click Next
4. In the Select Options tab, choose the secure removal you’d like to use, then click Next
5. Privacy Cleaner will promptly and securely wipe the selected data and provide a summary of the results (You may need to restart your PC for some of the actions to take effect)
6. Your PC is now secure from prying eyes
Fix broken shortcuts that can lead to annoying errors. When files and programs are deleted, or moved on your system, shortcuts can become broken and cause annoying errors to pop up. Fix broken shortcuts and remove obsolete ones quickly and easily using System Mechanic’s Shortcut Repair tool.
1. Start System Mechanic and click Toolbox » Individual Tools » Repair Problems
2. Go to Shortcut Repair and click the Start
3. Select an Operation Mode and click Next
4. Shortcut Repair with now fix your broken shortcuts and remove obsolete ones